Friday, October 28, 2005

Seven

Being a lurker on various blogs, I got tagged to do this:

7 things I want to do in this lifetime:
1. Adopt a child, or two

2. Own a floor - to - ceiling library of 10,000 books, including a *complete* collection of Wodehouse (articles, lyrics and plays included)

3. Take Norman Murphy's Wodehouse Walk

4. Meet V.S.Naipaul (which I came so very close to doing once)

5. Skydive

6. Get through In Search of Lost Time, Ulysses and the Lord of the Rings trilogy

7. Take a long and leisurely vacation through southern Europe

7 things I can do:
1. Stay awake for 60 hours at a stretch

2. Reread and reread and reread every book I own

3. Speak four langugaes

4. Shower and dress in 7 minutes flat

5. Multitask with 22 windows open simultaenously

6. Obsess and lose sleep over trivial little nothings

7. Be a good listener

7 things I can not do:
1. Leave home without a book

2. Curb my addiction to mindless Hindi tele-serials each time I visit home

3. Drink milk

4. Kill roaches and/or clear away their carcasses afterwards

5. Make small-talk

6. Stop and smell the roses (or most other flowers, for fear of triggering raging allergies)

7. Use SMSese (think 'U R Gr8!')

7 things that attract me to another person:
1. Well-read without being pedantic

2. Dead-pan humour

3.Shell-framed glasses

4.Articulate

5. Curly hair

6. Fixation with grammatical correctness

7.Predilection for Polo mints

7 things I say most often:
1. ..don't you think?

2...you know?

3. That's ridiculous!

4. umm, uh, and other fillers

5. How's it going?

6. Absolutely

7. (And I cringe as I type in this final one) It's, like,...

7 people I'd love to do this:
1. InAustin and Blue dragon

2.Aru, who should start a blog

3.The lurkers who never leave comments

4.My non-blogging friends, Sonali and Shweeth and Anita and Raz and Rev and Bondhu

5. Priya, who regularly sends me this kind of forward on hotmail, even though I'm too lazy to respond

6. The WI crowd, most of whom can feature 'Quote large tracts of RH,J from memory' high up on their lists of 7 things they can do

7. (This is random, but...) Anthony Lane

10 Comments:

At 6:31 AM , Blogger Abhishek said...

hey good blog....seems fun...
lemme try this.
by the way...u write too good.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger BSN said...

Thanks, Abhishek, and thanks for stopping by!

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Abhishek said...

Adopt a child, or two
Thats really good.

Stay awake for 60 hours at a stretch
Just recalling my 12th standard ka exams...was without sleep for about 3 days then.

just forgot to comment in detail earlier...so came back...
by the way i too tried this stuff...was really fun compiling it.

 
At 12:54 AM , Blogger InAustin said...

You forgot chocolate in navy jackets.

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger BSN said...

Wouldn't a chocolate in a navy jacket be a Cadburys' bar? Did you mean chocolate cords and olive-green shirts, perhaps?

That was quite a noteworthy omission.

 
At 1:43 AM , Blogger InAustin said...

senior execs in navy blazers, if you get my drift.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger BSN said...

Aah, yes. Those. So you meant caramel in navy jackets. *Reminiscing, all misty - eyed*

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger InAustin said...

*Reminiscing, all misty - eyed*
Yeah, whatever.

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger BSN said...

Tsk. This abrupt dismissal of the finer feelings ill-befits you, young InAustin.

 
At 2:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a lurker, who leaves a comment.

I did this too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home